These Learning Projects have been created for your child to complete in the event that schools are closed. We fully acknowledge that they cannot replace the quality of teaching your children receives at school however, our focus has been on creating a set of projects that all children can access to maximise their learning whilst at home.
What are the aims of the Learning Projects?
- To create age specific learning opportunities for primary school children.
- To create resources for parents that is easy to access and use.
- Key learning is linked to the National Curriculum.
- To enable children to continue with their learning at home during an enforced shutdown.
- To enable families to focus on a joint topic and theme to promote family wide learning.
- To provide structure ad focus each day that an enforced shutdown occurs.
- To centralise online learning resources and links into an easy to manage format for families.
How do I use the Learning Projects?
As a parent, your first step is to select the age range linked to the year group your child is in. You then download the relevant project and begin following it. The aim is for you to complete a minimum of two hours learning a day with your child but this is very much your parental choice and you may wish for you child to do more.
What if my child finds the learning too difficult?
Our first piece of advice to parents is that all children find elements of learning challenging at times so try not to worry if your child becomes stuck and you cannot explain it to them. If this happens, then make a note of what they found hard and move on to another learning activity – the school will cover any misconceptions when we return. It may be that your child finds the tasks set within the Learning Project for their year group too challenging. If this is the case, then we advise that your child accesses the Learning Projects which are set to the age range below.
The Learning Project Overview
Week 1 - My Family
Week 2 - The Area I Live In
Week 3 - Viewpoints
Week 4 - Animals
Week 5 - Environment
Week 6 - Food
Week 7 - Celebrations